Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bye 2010...Hello 2011

I am excited it is a new year. Last year I didn't make any resolutions, because I knew that I would not stick to them 100%. I do, however, want to reflect on the reasons I created this blog. I kind of revised them a little.

1. Grow spiritually. I am still sticking to my reading schedule. I plan to create a Bible Study for my daughter. Well I am in the process right now. I will upload them as I do them. I don't have much time on my hands but I will stop whatever I do to include God's Word.

2. Finances- Well I managed to pay off all my debts, but I am working on my student loans. I need to start saving for my dream home. I managed to get a new job. Yay! I enjoy my work as a paraprofessional. I take everything I do seriously. When I am at work, I am all about work. When I am at home, I am all about my routines. I spend time with my daughter and husband. I finish my assignments on time with school. I keep a well ran home. Although my husband is the Head, I have to make home comfortable for us. He works so hard so I want to make sure when he is at home, it is all about relaxing.

3. Health- I plan to eat healthier or I should say snack healthier. I have a thing for Buttered Pecan ice cream with caramel sauce.

4. Hair- I have been going natural since February of last year. Well, that was the last time I permed my hair. I still have permed ends but not much. I still don't think I am going to do the Big Chop. My head is shaped funny underneath this hair.

5. Education- I plan to finish my Praxis Exams for LA and begin student teaching by August. I hope this plan works out. It is pushing my boundaries though. But I do have faith.

********************************
What I have been up to?

I am designing a program to help the students in the classroom I am helping out. It has been a challenge but it is a good thing that I know where the struggling areas are. I work with autistic children so reinforcement of basic skills is necessary. One student has never been in public school. I love her presence. I love all of them. They are so much fun. I love my new job.

Designing a Bible Study for my daughter. I want her to learn the expectations of the home. She is 5 and sometimes she tries to "try" authority. This is definitely something that I don't want to occur. Besides her knowing the expectations, I want her to know God for herself.

That's about everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment